Tulipa Parrot ‘Rococo’
Rococo must be one of the best known Parrot Tulips. It has a beautiful dark red color with green accents. Rococo Tulip Bulbs flower late in the season.
Parrot Tulip bulbs have charasteristic, extra large flowers with bi-colored petals in an irregular shape. They will open almost completely in full sun and range from 14 to 28 inches tall.
Parrot Tulip bulbs flower late in the season and prefer a place protected from rain and wind.
Growing TipsLate flowering (May) We supply top sized bulbs (12+) Planting Depth: 6" (15cm) Spacing: 4-6" (10-15cm) Bloom Duration: 3 weeks
- Parrot Tulips are exotic tulips, great for cut flowers and borders, where they deserve a focal point.
- The ruffled petals resemble the wings of a parrot.
- Parrot Tulip bulbs perennialize well in warm climate zones
- They make a lovely combination with double tulips
- We supply top sized tulip bulbs (12+)
- Tulip bulbs perform best in full sun but will tolerate some shade
- Tulip bulbs dislike wetness and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize tulip bulbs when the foliage pushes through the soil in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- When planting tulip bulbs, you should always place the pointed end up
- Plant tulip bulbs at a depth of double the height of the bulb
Average, Border or Bed, Cut Flower, Mass Planting, Partial Shade, Sun
Easter, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day
10 Retail Packages of 10 Bulbs, Size 11/12, Bin Display Box of 100 Bulbs, Size 11/12, Bin Display Box of 50 Bulbs, Size 11/12