Tulipa Greigii ‘Red Riding Hood’
The Greigii Tulip Red Riding Hood is a very popular, short stemmed tulip variety. This compact tulip is perfect for planting in pots and containers.
Greigii Tulips are short tulips (6-18 inches Tall), characterized by full sized flowers on short stems, and very decorative purple mottled leaves.
Greigii Tulips will flower early in the season and are superior bulbs for rock gardens, containers, low borders and naturzalizing under trees. They can perennialize well in warm climate zones.
You need to login/register to add this item to your cart
Growing TipsEarly-season flowering (April) We supply top sized bulbs (12+) Planting Depth: 6" (15cm) Spacing: 4-6" (10-15cm) Bloom Duration: 3 weeks
Average, Border or Bed, Partial Shade, Sun
Box of 100 Bulbs, Size 12/+, Tray of 500 Bulbs, Size 12/+
- Greigii Tulips are the best bulbs for rock gardens, containers, low borders and naturalizing under trees
- Greigii Tulip bulbs can perennialize well in warm climate zones
- We supply top sized tulip bulbs (12+)
- Tulip bulbs perform best in full sun but will tolerate some shade
- Tulip bulbs do not like wet feet and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize tulip bulbs when thee appear in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- Plant tulip bulbs placing the pointed end up
- Tulip bulbs should be planted at a depth of double the height of the bulb
- Check our tips on planting and care