Tulipa Emperor ‘Flaming Emperor’ (Flaming Purissima)
Tulip Flaming Emperor is a flamed white and pink Fosteriana Tulip. They produce large flowers on short, sturdy stems and flower early in the season.
Emperor Tulip bulbs feature large and Long-lasting flowers, in striking colors, on medium height sturdy stems (16-18 inches Tall)
Emperor Tulips are one of the best landscaping Tulip varieties. They are excellent for rock gardens, containers, beds and borders and flower very early in the season.
Emperor Tulip bulbs combine well with early bulbs, like Crocus, Chionodoxa and Daffodils.
Emperor Tulips are also known as Fosteriana Tulips.
You need to login/register to add this item to your cart
Growing TipsEarly-season flowering (March - April) Bloom duration: 3 weeks Planting Depth: 6" (15cm) Spacing: 4-6" (10-15cm)
|Also known as||
Average, Border or Bed, Mass Planting, Partial Shade, Sun
|Companion Plant Name||
Hyacinthus Orientalis 'White Pearl', Muscari Latifolium, Narcissi Large Cupped 'Cool Flame', Narcissi Trumpet 'Goblet', Tulipa Emperor 'Golden Emperor', Tulipa Emperor 'White Emperor'
10 Retail Packages of 10 Bulbs, Size12/+, Bin Display Box of 100 Bulbs, Size 12/+, Bulk Tray of 500 Bulbs, Size 12/+
- Emperor tulips are also known as Fosteriana Tulips
- They are early blooming and excellent for rock gardens, containers, beds and borders.
- Emperor Tulip bulbs feature long-lasting flowers that will stand up even in severe weather conditions
- We supply top sized tulip bulbs (12+)
- Tulip bulbs perform best in full sun but will tolerate some shade
- Tulip bulbs do not like wetness (wet feet) and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize tulip bulbs when the foliage pushes through the soil in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- Plant tulip bulbs, placing the pointed end up
- Tulip bulbs should be planted at a depth of double the height of the bulb