Tulipa Parrot ‘Negrita Parrot’
Tulip Negrita Parrot is a sport of the popular Negrita tulip. It has beautiful frilled petals and comes in a dark purple color.
Parrot Tulip bulbs have charasteristic, extra large flowers with bi-colored petals in an irregular shape. They will open almost completely in full sun and range from 14 to 28 inches tall. Parrot Tulip bulbs flower late in the season and prefer a place protected from rain and wind.
They make great cut flowers and perform well in borders as well. Try planting them with Lily Flowering Tulips or Double Tulips for an exotic look. We offer many different tulip varieties for wholesale customers in Canada and the United States.
You need to login/register to add this item to your cart
Average, Border or Bed, Cut Flower, Mass Planting, Partial Shade, Rock Garden, Sun
Box of 125 Bulbs, Size 11/12, Tray of 700 Bulbs, Size 11/12
- Parrot Tulips are exotic tulips, great for cut flowers and borders, where they deserve a focal point.
- The ruffled petals resemble the wings of a parrot.
- Parrot Tulip bulbs perennialize well in warm climate zones
- They make a lovely combination with double tulips
- We supply top sized tulip bulbs (12+)
- Tulip bulbs perform best in full sun but will tolerate some shade
- Tulip bulbs dislike wetness and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize tulip bulbs when the foliage pushes through the soil in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- When planting tulip bulbs, you should always place the pointed end up
- Plant tulip bulbs at a depth of double the height of the bulb