Crocus Species ‘Ruby Giant’
Small Flowering Crocus bulbs are one of the earliest bulbs to bloom. Ruby Giant comes in a beautiful violet color with silvery and orange details.
Small Flowering Crocus bulbs, or Species Crocus bulb, are one of the earlies bulbs to bloom and mark the first signs of Spring.
Species crocus are very short (4 inches) and are great for borders and naturalizing. Plant them en masse to provide the landscape with a splash of color.
Species Crocus bulbs will return for several years if the foliage is allowed to die off.
Growing TipsEarly Flowering (February - March) Perform best in sandy, well drained soil Planting Depth: 3" (7.5cm) Spacing: 2-3" (5-7.5cm) Bloom Duration: 3 weeks
- Small Flowering Crocus bulbs can be used for borders and naturalizing
- We offer top sized Species Crocus bulbs (6+)
- Crocus bulbs prefer full sun but willalso tolerate some shade
- Crocus bulbs do not like wet feet and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize Crocus bulbs when the foliage pushes through the soil in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- Small Flowering Crocus bulbs can be scattered when planting
- Crocus bulbs should be planted at a depth of double the height of the bulb
Average, Border or Bed, Container, Ground Cover, Mass Planting, Naturalizing, Partial Shade
10 Retail Packages of 25 Bulbs, Size 6/+, Bin Display Box of 150 Bulbs, Size 6/+