Ipheion Jessie is a dark blue cultivar of Ipheion uniflorum is also known by the common name Springstar or Spring Starflower.
This blue cultivar of Ipheion uniflorum is also known by the common name Springstar or Spring Starflower. The foliage has an onion like scent when crushed. The stems grow up to 8” tall and bear solitary showy flowers in spring over a long period.
Ipheion bulbs are recommended for growing in a well-drained position outside. They look very decorative in pots and containers. Especially suited for massing in borders, alpine gardens and other areas, or it can be naturalized in lawns.
In the USA, the species is stated to be hardy to USDA Zone 5.
You need to login/register to add this item to your cart
10 Retail Packages of 20 Bulbs, Size 4/+, Bin Display Box of 250 Bulbs, Size 4/+
- Ipheion bulbs are great for borders, containers, near a pond and naturalizing
- We supply top sized Ipheion bulbs (4/+ cm)
- Ipheion bulbs perform best in full sun but will tolerate some shade
- Ipheion bulbs do not like wetness (wet feet) and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize Ipheion bulbs when the foliage pushes through the soil in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- When planting, Ipheion bulbs can be scattered
- Ipheion bulbs should be planted at a depth of double the height of the bulb
- View our Fall catalog for an overview of our assortment