Tulipa Parrot ‘Black Parrot’
Black Parrot is a popular Tulip variety in a dark, almost black color. This remarkable Tulip has big flowers and blooms late in the season.
Parrot Tulip bulbs have charasteristic, extra large flowers with bi-colored petals in an irregular shape. They will open almost completely in full sun and range from 14 to 28 inches tall.
Parrot Tulip bulbs flower late in the season and prefer a place protected from rain and wind.
You need to login/register to add this item to your cart
Growing TipsLate flowering (May) We supply top sized bulbs (12+) Planting Depth: 6" (15cm) Spacing: 4-6" (10-15cm) Bloom Duration: 3 weeks
Average, Border or Bed, Cut Flower, Mass Planting, Partial Shade, Sun
10 Retail Packages of 10 Bulbs, Size 11/12, Bin Display Box of 125 Bulbs, Size 11/12, Bulk Tray of 700 Bulbs, Size 11/12
- Parrot Tulips are exotic tulips, great for cut flowers and borders, where they deserve a focal point.
- The ruffled petals resemble the wings of a parrot.
- Parrot Tulip bulbs perennialize well in warm climate zones
- They make a lovely combination with double tulips
- We supply top sized tulip bulbs (12+)
- Tulip bulbs perform best in full sun but will tolerate some shade
- Tulip bulbs dislike wetness and require well-drained soil
- Fertilize tulip bulbs when the foliage pushes through the soil in spring. We recommend a general low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- When planting tulip bulbs, you should always place the pointed end up
- Plant tulip bulbs at a depth of double the height of the bulb